Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Video Clip

Nacho Libre (DVD - movie) Elapsed time: DVD Scene 9; 00:29:12 – 00:29:56

Nacho Libre is the story of a young priest who must reconcile his love for professional wrestling with his duty to God and the orphanage he works in. He struggles with his motives as to why he loves to wrestle. He is also overly anxious to see his friends converted to Christianity.

In this scene, Ignacio (Jack Black) is in a locker room with his friend Esqualito, who is sitting down eating a salad. Ignacio tells him: "I'm a little concerned right now…about your salvation and stuff. How come you have not been baptized?"

"Because I never got around to it, okay?" Esqualito responds, sounding annoyed. "I don't know why you always have to be judging me because I only believe in science."

Ignacio fills a small round basin with water. He says: "But tonight we are going up against Satan's Cavemen. And I just thought it would be a good idea if you…" He walks up behind Esqualito, puts the basin in front of his face, and quickly and forcibly plunges Esqualito's head into the water.

Esqualito shrieks and Ignacio says, "Felicidades."

No comments: